Currently with COVID19 restrictions in place we are limited to virtual board meetings. We have participated in only a few library activities during the past year in order to support their virtual programs.
In general, there are various ways for Friends of the Buda Library to volunteer their time and talents.
- Friends help with some public events at the request of the library.
- Friends organize book sales during the year. The biggest of these is the annual book sale that occurs the first weekend in December.
- Friends can join one of our committees -
- helping to organize EVENTS
- helping to plan FUNDRAISING activities
- helping to manage the BOOKS that are donated.
Volunteers should be members of the Friends of the Buda Library, and be at least 18 years of age. There are no requirements related to how much or how little one must volunteer.
Volunteer opportunities are announced to members through emails.
When face-to-face meetings can resume, most committees meet on a regular basis or as needed, depending on projects being addressed. Each committee has a designated chairperson to facilitate meetings.